=About Me=

My photo
All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Every decision has its consequence.

Topic: Every decision has its consequence.
__________________________Who Should I Obey?__________________________

During the first week of last summer vacation, my life was so disorganized: I did not get up until 10 a.m. and I went to bed at 21:30. My room was in mess, and I watched movies all day. The most important is, I did not have any difficult homework to do. In my father’s words, I lived like a pig! I agreed because I have put on weight! One day when I laid on my bed like an octopus, I started to think about these lazy days, I asked myself,” Do you like present life? Lazy girl? ” “Of course not, that’s too dull!” I replied instantly. To be honest, at that time, I really missed the busy days that I liked a piece of bread baking in the oven. Then I covered up my head with the pillow. The very next day, I saw an introduction of yoga on a stranger’s blog. It talked about that yoga is a good discipline for learning to relax and keeping fit. It is a good way to keep away from laziness. Not only that, there was a phone number of a yoga club. “Wow, what a beneficial sport it is! I like it!” I screamed. At that moment, I knew I would face a decision that would fill me with doubt, but i did not realize that my decision would bring a satisfying consequence.
“Mom, can I take yoga lessons?” I sounded my mother carefully. “Whatever, that’s your own right, you can decide it by yourself. The people who takes yoga lessons has great flexibility, don’t you remember that you have never got an A in splits test when you were in primary school?” My mother’s attitude is unclear. Then I called my friend Cheer, I hoped that she can support me. “Practicing yoga is too tired, I am sure that you can not take it!” She said that on the phone. What can I do? It seemed like no one think that practicing yoga is a good idea, but I still a little want to take it in my heart. I was so confused. Should I give up the thought that according to others and obey my own thought? As the minute ticked away, I was sunk in the deeper thought.
There were two people in my heart, one is called Determination, and another is Hesitation. Determination shouted loudly,”You should be true to yourself. I know you want to take yoga lessons, just do it!” “Do not believe him! Your mother and your friend are right. To listen more what others spoke. You can not take it!” Hesitation yelled. They disputed for a long period. Eventually, Hesitation was defeated completely by Determination. I decided to take yoga lessons. I really wanted to keep healthy! Then I dialed the number of the yoga club nervously.

After registering the membership card of the yoga club, I started to take yoga lessons two times every week. My yoga teacher is so kind and professional, she taught us how to meditation and do different actions. She always said gently, "Just pay attention on your own breath, push all distractions aside", "You could have a rest if you are tired and your body is hurt, listen to your body's warning" and "Do not compare yourself with others, because everyone has different body condition; Compare with yourself, make a progress step by step". I kept remembering those words. Two weeks later, I found that I keep fit successfully and I just ate foods that are not greasy or strongly flavored. Not only that, I have been practicing yoga for one year now, I found that my inner world was totally changed. I threw away my vanity, just do what I can do, compare myself with the past Jessie and have rests properly so that I never complain that "Why are others better than me?" I started to feel the beauty of life, thank for life sincerely.

What a correct decision I made! I learned a valuable lesson from not only taking yoga lessons but also making a decision. I concentrate more on what I want, what I think, obey to my own feeling and thought. At the same time, accept some others' ideas. When you embrace yourself, the world will huge you. What are you thinking now?


No comments:

Post a Comment